My photo
Cape Cod, United States
__I see with young eyes, an old mirror. Here, I hope to offer... as I see.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

This haiku from 2008, its explanation from moments ago. Perhaps, then, it has become a haibun. _m

__Soon to be... as days are longer, the sun warmer and the nights remain cold, this change of pressures causes the sap to flow. New buds will soon stand and redden, as they begin their swell toward the leaves of May.
__Shortly, the taps will be in the maples... the sugar of spring.

old trees
their life begins its flow
closer sun

14 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

prolific, Magyar :)

wishes,
devika

Frank... said...

A lovely set Magyar...

joo said...

Sun is all I need now:)
Beautiful words!

TALON said...

The sun is definitely shifting and it's very welcome these last few days. I can't wait until the sugar bush is alive again...

BB said...

The sugar of spring
Old trees.............

THIS IS EXCELLENT !!!

Kristin Riggs said...

Perfect, Magyar. We have a winter advisory right now, so at least with your beautiful poem, I can dream of the swelling buds of spring. Lovely, Doug!!!

-Kristin

John McDonald said...

love it M
john

Lorraine said...

wow you are also the sugar of spring ;) this is so wonderful ;)

cyclopseven said...

excellent.

ABQ Annie said...

I can hear spring coming, the birds are starting to sing. Lovely haiku.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Even up here in the north, I can detect a difference, but then, I am a tree watcher!

Anonymous said...

Even up here in the north, I can detect a difference, but then, I am a tree watcher!

Timoteo said...

Re-awakening.