My photo
Cape Cod, United States
__I see with young eyes, an old mirror. Here, I hope to offer... as I see.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

__This brook flows into Cape Cod Bay. At high tide its "slow-flow pools" will ice over, and standing above that thin ice, the heads of this brook pool's stones can be seen.
__When the Bay's tide lowers the pool's water level follows; as the thin ice breaks away, around each stone remains a halo of ice... glimmering in the morning sun.
__The cycle will renew.

headwater pool
ice halos this naked stone
the tide rises

15 comments:

Kristin Riggs said...

I love the picture this paints in my mind...and "ice halos"...I can see them and they are beautiful! This is lovely, Magyar.

Devika Jyothi said...

yes, halo of ice glimmering in morning sun....a beautiful sight that could be! :)

very nice, Magyar :)

wishes,
devika

Dianne said...

I see it with your eyes, we live in an impressionist painting, no?
happy new day!
Dianne

John McDonald said...

great start to the year M
john

nora said...

Poetic magic, Magyar. Happy New Year!

Lorraine said...

stunning, such a beautiful image, I see it on some level ...;)

BB said...

FANTASTIC...I love it I really do !

TALON said...

There's such comfort in the ebb and flow and inevitability of tides...

Your haiku is beautiful.

Gillena Cox said...

lovely images conjured up here

HAPPY NEW YEAR

much love
gillena

Ashi said...

nice one Magyar :) love the picture

BlueJayEye said...

agreed about the ice halo, it is a lovely image, and the poem is perceptive in observing the ebb and flow of nature..good one M

Magyar said...

My thanks to you, my friends! _m

Ralf Bröker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralf Bröker said...

I love the scene: it opens a great picture in my mind.

(But may I say - just very, very soft spoken - that the last line interrupted this brilliant picture?)

Best wishes
Ralf

Magyar said...

Ahhh yes Ralf... I know your thought, and lovit, but happily:
__The cycle will renew. ;)