My photo
Cape Cod, United States
__I see with young eyes, an old mirror. Here, I hope to offer... as I see.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Is this sedoka, or simply a doublet?
__It is accepted practice today... that, haiku written in English needn't follow the 5-7-5 syllable count; isn't it true then, that English written sedoka should be subject to the same sort of acceptance... veering from the 5-7-7... 5-7-7 syllable count?

__Seen this morning, three whitetail deer... feeding on acorns found under the snow cover.


whitetails
in the morning's snow
a watcher
footmarks
at this acorn feast
the squirrel

9 comments:

Tikkis said...

One humble suggestion:
- a six liner - haiku?

Followed our squirrel; it went and snuffled my wife´s ice lantern, a burning candle inside. Seemingly this curious squirrel did not like the warm... -)

in the morning snow
the squirrels
candle-feasting

Lorraine said...

You are very knowledgeable, and yet your poetry flows beautifully

Magyar said...

Thanks Tikkis!
__Since I've not settled on my own, inept as it may become, definition of sedoka... the first one I posted had a definate space between the two -stanzas-, just for that reason illustrated by your suggestion.
__Thanks too, for your good echo! _m

__LL, I am always to glad to recieve your kindnesses, and too, apart from you being knowledgable about that which you read, you see with your heart, and percieve views... which are there... but beyond the words. Always!
_m

John McDonald said...

enjoyed it whatever one wishes to name its style
john

Anonymous said...

I have no idea, but I like it.

डा0 हेमंत कुमार ♠ Dr Hemant Kumar said...

I enjoyed it...nice expression...
best wishes.
Hemant

Tikkis said...

pss: John's comment was a great one! I agree again!

Magyar said...

Old and new friends!
__John, Sandy, Hemant and Juhani,I
thank you all!

susane said...

Super blog, I love your articles and reports, good continuation.

Consultation voyance gratuite