My photo
Cape Cod, United States
__I see with young eyes, an old mirror. Here, I hope to offer... as I see.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hello friends... another "quick home."
__With all due respects to haiku masters both ancient and modern, and with a smile, is it plausible that haiku/senryu... are the forerunners of texting? The enticement of the terse?
__This pair, generated by the humming birds as they 'joust,' at their feeders.


joust
at the nectar feeder
pegasus

winged horse
his lance his beak
a rival 

8 comments:

John McDonald said...

well caught M
john

Lorraine said...

I say it's fantastic, and unless GOD says - words can be written in in only one style, which I know He NEVER Said, any of style is good...and Doug do I ever love your style...I couldn't care less what's permissible, acceptable or pronouncable, I love your stuff

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lorraine.
Hey Magyar, don't get caught composing while driving!

Magyar said...

Thanks friends Sandy and Lorraine and John; Sandy, a new bumper sticker:
"Don't Tail Gate Me, I'm Texting!"

TALON said...

I'll be watching my feeders in a whole different light now, D!

Everything old is new again...isn't that what they say :)

Gillena Cox said...

nice one :)


much love...

Timoteo said...

But I suspect most of what is being texted is far less than poetical!

Judie said...

Hahahaha! I love this. We had a rufus who thought the feeder to be his private domaine! If I failed to fill it on time, he would come at me when I went outside!!